Loading... Please wait...

How to Avoid Electrical Fires This Holiday Season

Posted

Don't let an electrical fire ruin your holiday!

The holidays are a wonderful time of the year, but unfortunately, they are also a common time of the year for electrical fires. This is due mainly to improper extension cord use, faulty decorations and overloaded outlets. At EVOline®, we offer award winning pop up outlets to add not only functionality to your life but also style, and we are dedicated to helping you enjoy our outlets safely this holiday season. That's why our experts have come up with these tips to help you avoid electrical fires over the holidays:

#1. Pick the right decorations. 

Not all holiday decorations are created equal, and to keep your family and home safe, you need to make sure that your decorations are UL listed. Choosing decorations without the proper safety approval puts you at a higher risk for an electrical fire. 

#2. Thoroughly inspect all of your electrical decorations. 

Before you plug in any electrical decorations, it's important to thoroughly inspect them for loose or frayed wires, cracked or loose bulbs and any other faults that may put you at risk. 

#3. Avoid overloading your outlets.

During the holidays, it's tempting to plug in extension cords and outlet extenders, but you should know that not all outlets can handle all of these connections, and it may overload the outlet and lead to a fire. Instead of overloading one outlet, spread out your decorations and utilize multiple outlets. 

Stay tuned for our next blog to learn more tips to help you avoid a holiday electrical fire.  

  • Pop Up Outlet
  • EVOline®